Re-Elect David Penaloza for Santa Ana City Council
David Penaloza is a lifelong Santa Ana resident, proud graduate of Santa Ana public schools, and a local volunteer with deep roots in our community. Raised by a widowed mother in the Memorial Park neighborhood with his 2 siblings, David understands the value of hard work, living paycheck to paycheck, and the needs of our city’s families.
David briefly attended Santa Ana College before transferring to CSULA. After graduation, he found a job at a local Santa Ana Business, where he promoted through various departments and now works as a Senior Regulatory Engineer. David has also done many hours of volunteer work in our city, both as a youth mentor and tutor, as well as through his local church. In fact, it was encouragement from the students he tutored – and after witnessing firsthand the neglect of Santa Ana’s youth and a strong desire to serve the city where he was raised, that inspired David to run for city council. He knocked on thousands of doors personally, winning office to represent Ward 6 in 2018.
He immediately went to work with a goal to help Santa Ana grow, thrive, and become a safe, world-class city. David believes in Santa Ana’s potential and worked to improve neighborhoods, increase access to parks and open space, enhance the local economy, and increase quality of life for all Santa Ana residents.
In just 4 years, David has an impressive list of accomplishments, working closely with neighborhoods, small businesses, and community leaders to deliver needed improvements across the city, including:
- Reduction of 911 response times, hiring of more police officers and fire fighters, and a renewed focus on code enforcement and graffiti removal across Santa Ana
- $65 million in arterial streets and infrastructure investment
- $27 million in direct assistance to residents during the pandemic
- Creating the city’s very own library department, bringing back the city’s bookmobile, and expanding library access
- Investing directly in 4 new parks in Santa Ana’s densest neighborhoods, including the city’s 1st Dog Park currently in the design phase.
- Support for City Employee, Police, and Contractor Accountability
- Construction of over 2,000 new housing units serving all levels of income, from Affordable to Market Rate.
- Reduction of Bureaucratic Red Tape to spur Economic growth & Development
Why I’m Running
We’ve accomplished a lot together these last four years, but there’s so much more to do. Santa Ana is at a crossroads, with the ability to meet its promise and become a truly great city. I grew up here, I work here, I’ve lived here my whole life, and one day I hope to raise a family here.
Serving as your Ward 6 Councilmember has been my life’s honor, and If re-elected, I will continue working everyday to keep our community safe and:
- Continue to address our city’s housing and homelessness crisis
- Increase investments in our neighborhoods with new parks, infrastructure improvements, and cleaner streets
- Improve public safety while ensuring police accountability
- Bring new small businesses to enhance our local economy
Let’s build on the momentum we started and give Santa Ana the bright future it deserves!
Lou CorreaUS Congressman
Katrina FoleyOC Supervisor
Tiffany AckleyAliso Viejo Councilmember
Avelino ValenciaAnaheim Councilmember
Connor TrautBuena Park Councilmember
Andrea MarrCosta Mesa Mayor Pro Tem
Manuel ChavezCosta Mesa Councilmember
Deidre Tuh-Ha NguyenGarden Grove Mayor Pro Tem
Kim Bernice NguyenGarden Grove Councilmember
Farrah KhanIrvine Mayor
Phil BacerraSanta Ana Mayor Pro Tem
Nelida MendozaSanta Ana Councilmember
Valerie AmezcuaSanta Ana School Board Trustee
John PalacioSanta Ana School Board Trustee